Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pretty in Pink

More roses - not the movie, lol - although I wouldn't mind seeing it again. It's been a couple years.
rose_sideyrd 14
This time it's our pink rose in the sideyard. It was planted about 5 feet away from the red rose in a previous post. Both of these roses - actually all in the sideyard - we inherited when my parents purchased the house back in 1999. They seem like they were planted a good 25 years ago, maybe more. I wonder how long rose bushes can live.

rose_sideyrd 01
The pic above is the standard for this particular one. Again, we don't know it's name. It is a little fussier than the red one and stays about 3-4 feet high throughout the year. The scent is the traditional rose scent that you might find in a rose perfume.

rose_sideyrd 09
There was one particular bud this year that was more than plain pink. It was gorgeous.

rose_sideyrd 12
And a full screen view - I love this when it pops up in my screensaver.

rose_sideyrd 03
This one was the more traditional pink and I tried to get a closeup of it's insides. But, this rose tends to stay very tight up until it starts dropping the petals, thus making it also a great cut rose - but no fun with the macro ;)

3 comments:

Mary C said...

Posting all these photos makes me wish it was spring! :-)

Leedra said...

Lovely photographs. I think rose bushes can live a long time, but don't know for sure. Red to pink?

Heidi said...

Red to pink :) I think I'll do the miniature roses next.

 

Current skin is Spring Green 2009
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.
If you must use Internet Explorer, update to IE8 or the sidebars will look funky.