Monday, May 19, 2008

Keep this little guy in your thoughts and prayers please!

avalanche 001 sAvalanche has had a very rough weekend. We had to take him to the emergency vet and preliminary test results indicate kidney failure. We don't know why yet and hope and pray that it's easily treatable and that the other kidney isn't affected. He'll be going into the regular vet today. He's 12 years old now and while that's a decent age, we should have a longer time with him.

He's doing better today thanks to some iv nutrition and an appetite enhancer which worked. But I hope the test results come soon! I like to have a plan of action and get on with it when it comes to caring for our pets.

3 comments:

Lutheran Lucciola said...

Oh, what a pretty boy! I love cats, and I LOVE Siamese. I will pray for you guys, I know the critters are dear to us all.

Carrot Jello said...

How sad :(

Heidi said...

Thanks so much LuLu and Carrot :) My whole family very much appreciates it.

No update yet on Avy :(

 

Current skin is Spring Green 2009
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.
If you must use Internet Explorer, update to IE8 or the sidebars will look funky.