Thursday, January 22, 2009

37 random things

I saw this first at Lynne's, then Ruthie did it... I didn't know what else to post, so, why not?

1. Do you like blue cheese? moldy cheese, why?

2. Have you ever smoked? as a stupid teen... a few

3. Do you own a gun? nope

4. What flavor Kool Aid is your favorite? tropical punch

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? been so long i don't remember

6. What do you think of hot dogs? tastiest rat parts i've ever had... Lynne, Ketchup not MUSTARD!

7. Favorite Christmas movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (animated one) And just to be contrary... I hate "A Christmas Story." It was the biggest waste of 2 hours in my life this past year.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Green Tea... Jasmine flavored.

9. Can you do push-ups? not in many moons

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? a silver crucifix i bought a few months ago

11. Favorite hobby? photography

12. Do you have A.D.D? i think so ... maybe.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? glasses... i should really splurge for laser eye surgery though

14. Middle name? Sue

15. Name thoughts at this moment? what a dreary day...

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Green Tea, Rootbeer, Coke

17. Current worry? none :) don't worry be happy!

18. Current hate right now? ethical relativism

19. Favorite place to be? home

20. How did you bring in the New Year? playing The Sims2

21. Where would you like to go? Greece

22. Name three people who will complete this? me myself and i (those i think who would already have)

23. Do you own slippers? yep

24 What color shirt are you wearing? orange

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? never tried them... my sleek cotton sheets are slippery enough

26. Can you whistle? i can whistle a tune in a small range, i can sometimes imitate birds, but i have never been able to do that Auditorium/Arena whistle!

27. Favorite Color? red ;)

28. What songs do you sing in the shower? often some awful tune that was stuck in my head

29. Would you be a pirate? i don't think i'd want to be on a small rickety ship in the middle of the ocean

30. Favorite Girl's Name? Abigail

31. Favorite boy's name? Stephen

32. What's in your pocket right now? Burt's Bees lip balm

33. Last thing that made you laugh? silly Tango cackling at a bird

34. What vehicle do you drive? Acura Integra... about to turn 100K miles

35. Worst injury you've ever had? It's a toss-up... severed ACL with medial miniscus and cartilage damage (had surgery) or shattered orbital (healed on its own - i didn't trust Kaiser to fix it)

36. Do you love where you live? YES!

37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three (seven computers though)

5 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Nooooo! MUSTARD!

Ethical relativism? No real right or wrong?

Fav color- Is that how you got your nickname?

SEVEN computers??

Heidi said...

NO! Ketchup only!

LOL, I hate mustard and onions...

Yes, there has to be, and are, certain eternal truths that span all generations and all cultures.

Nope... it became my favorite color after the nickname... I'll post the story, it's silly.

me: laptop and desktop
bro: laptop and two desktops
mom: desktop
dad: laptop

And each has the capability to stream TV via our PCTV to Go... even change channels!

RuthieJ said...

Thanks for sharing in this meme--it was fun to learn more about you.
Do you think you'll ever splurge for the LASIK surgery Red? I would like to have it done, but I found out that I'd still have to wear glasses for reading, knitting and computer work, so I don't think I'd really gain anything.

Mary C said...

Abigail? Stephen? That's something "I" didn't even know about you! LOL. Ruthie - I learned the same thing about LASIK surgery about myself. Folks who wear bifocals have to use reading glasses - so I'm with you - why bother?

Heidi said...

@Ruthie... yes... the costs are supposedly less than when I checked it out 5-6 years ago... and my insurance claims it will cover a portion of the cost, but I can find nowhere where they say exactly how much. It'd be nice if it were 80%!

@Mom... well, the names prolly wouldn't come up in conversation... why would it? You're one of the few moms who never press for g-kids. As for why bother with LASIK? Well, I *hope* it would be at least 10 more years without needing reading glasses and the dream of waking up and seeing the world clearly and camping out under the stars (counting the stars!) and glasses not fogging up or worrying about rolling over on them overnight is very tempting.

 

Current skin is Spring Green 2009
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.
If you must use Internet Explorer, update to IE8 or the sidebars will look funky.