Sunday, December 09, 2007

Thanks Carrot Jello!

pomsalsa

Thanks to Carrot Jello for posting a great recipe under my pomegranate post. I made it this afternoon and it is very very good!

I adjusted the recipe a tad. I added a bit of garlic because I can't have salsa without garlic, lol, and I only guesstimated the amount of lime juice since I didn't have a lime and my pomegranates were huge, and I think I added 3/4 to 1 cup of cilantro. The only complaint I received was from my dad who wanted a spicy salsa, not a sweet one, so I suppose it could have used some jalepenos or one of his pequin peppers... but that's just him... I loved it.

Here's the recipe... she said she found it on a blog.

Pomegranate Salsa
1 lime - juiced
2 pomegranates - peeled and fruit pulled out
2 avocados - chopped very fine
2 tomatoes - chopped very fine
2 green onions (I use regular onion) - chopped very fine
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper
1 tsp. coriander (I don't have this, so I don't use it)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
After chopping avocados, put in lime juice - make sure they are coated with the juice. This will help them from browning. Add pomegranates, avocados, tomatoes, onions, salt, pepper, coriander and cilantro. I like to let it sit for awhile so that the flavors can mix. Serve with Frito's or other corn chip!

2 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

That looks good. Even if I don't care for pomegranates, or even know how to spell it.

Mary C said...

Yes, it was yummy. Even your brother liked it, thinking it was a salad, lol. ;o)

 

Current skin is Spring Green 2009
Best viewed on Firefox at 1024x768, larger or widescreen.
If you must use Internet Explorer, update to IE8 or the sidebars will look funky.